Thursday, March 8, 2018

Looking Sharp! Quick Quotes Special Fold cards

Hello, Alicia with you today.  I have created a couple of shaped cards with die cuts using Quick Quotes double sided card stock.  It is a great weight for the card base but with some flexibility so the card folds properly.  These cards begin with a 6x12 size sheet of card stock as the base.  I chose to use this beautiful water color green from the new Spring Showers collection.



This was the first time I played with my cactus card die set.  It was so much fun with all the cute accessories.  Quick Quotes coordinating papers provide so many options for cutting and accessorizing.  I used a punch to select just the right area to cut the flowers on the front.  I tucked the faux pot I added under the flowers to create a closure.



I cut the cactus twice and used panels from the second cut to decorate the inside.  I layered two cuts of the sentiment to make it pop!  Designing my character cactus was fun, this set came with a variety of eyes and mouths.


I also made the owl version.  I actually owned this die set first and have made a few different owls before this one.  I think this one is the prettiest yet primarily because of the gorgeous papers from the Spring Showers collection.  



The inside owl is so striking using the floral side of the paper.  I used the wing die cut and cut some of the side off to fit on the small owl.  I stamped my sentiment on the blue water color side with  Cool Gray Powder puff chalking ink.  I kept the interior of this card white for a striking contrast for the inside owl.


Quick Quotes Products:
Powder Puff Chalking inks:  Tropical PunchCapri Blue Key LargoCool GrayJade, and Midnight Confessions 
Spring Showers 100, 102, 103 and 105 (available soon)


other products:
Cactus and Owl Sizzix fold-a-long dies
Sentiment stamp from Close to My Heart Pair-a-phrase
Scalloped Circle punches from Stampin Up

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

1 comment: