Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Quick Quotes Off the Page: Shadow box

Good morning,  Alicia with you today.  I have created a lovely shadow box for my niece. I did not intend for it to be monochromatic, after using  Jade PowderPuff Chalking Ink to color the outside scroll work I searched my Quick Quotes paper collection for matching papers, I found some from several different collections that came together perfectly.

 

I used my PIXMA iP8720 13x19 Wireless Printer to print not only the photograph but the sentiment.  I found this great quote when I searched the web.  I just copied it, changed the font and printed!  I don't like to waste the good Canon paper, so I included several other quotes and a photo on the pages for use later. 




I used two different inking techniques on my project either of which could be used for the August Quick Quotes challenge:  to use colored inks.
  1. Inking wood or chipboard
  2. Inking edges to create dramatic shading

I cut dozens of pieces for flowers using  a die set.  I inked all the edges with the same Jade PowderPuff Chalking Ink as the outside of the box. I shaped the flowers as I inked them.
   


After cutting the papers to fit the inside of the box, I added the flowers around the edges.  After adhering the quote and the flowers, I finally added some pearls and bling to finish it off.






Quick Quotes products used:




Canon products:




other products used:
shadow box
pearls and crystal bling hearts
Spellbinders Anemone flower and label dies




I hope you have enjoyed this project. 


5 comments:

  1. Stunning project, Alicia. Lovely design and the photo is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Shadow Box.
    Thank you for participating with us in the Classic Open Design Team Challenge.
    Carla DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely shadow box! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you have chosen are so fresh and lovely. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely altered frame and matching flowers to go with it. Am sure your niece will treasure this.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good Luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete