Friday, June 16, 2017

Flitter forth little fairies...

Hello, Alicia with your inspiration today. I created a garden fairy scene card. I have to admit I purchased the majority of the Poppystamps new fairy dies. They are just so darn cute and versatile to work with since the wings are detached. I cut the fairies and wings out of a variety of vellum and glitter papers then matched them up for the cutest sets.






I began my card with inking the background with distress ink. Then I stamped the sentiment and embossed it for a little extra pizazz. I used lots of specialty papers in this card and didn't want the sentiment to get lost.




I completed my scene with Cheery Lynn Designs Mehndi Botanicals cut from velvet and other specialty papers. I added pearls to the center of the purple flowers. I layered two flower cuts for the yellow flower stacking them together and adding some glue and beads. I used a velvet ribbon for the stems. I cut the leaves and grass out of the same green paper.

Dies R Us Products:




Poppystamps Playful Mini Faeries




Cheery Lynn Designs Mehndi Botanicals 3





Frantic Stamper Stitched Grassy Hill Edger




Cheery Lynn Designs Mehndi Botanicals 2
other ingredients:
Distress ink Broken China
The Stamp Doctor sentiment
Colorbox Lavender ink
Judikins clear embossing powder
velvet papers and ribbon
pearl gems and beads
glitter paper, vellum and card stock

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today! And, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.



click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG
FACEBOOK
INSPIRATION BLOG
FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2017/06/182-bingo-sentiment-dt-call.html until 6/26 (1 of 5)
(stitching, image, embossing)


I won!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am LOVING that fairy!! Need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete