Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Fairy Scene: Single layer Savy with Camp Create


Print
Another installment of Camp Create AND another opportunity to use new product I worked so hard for at Stampaway!  This time I relied heavily on my new Eclipse tape from Judikins to mask the images to layer the scene on this one layer card. Which is this challenges' theme:  Single Layer Savvy.
Print

I could have done a bit better with masking the sentiment and just a tad more detail on the fairy...but I must keep in mind this is camp and I am trying new techniques!  Next time I will do a better job!


This fairy seems a bit withdrawn so I kept the tones muted for more of a sympathy type card.  I also used the hint in one of the MFT videos about using a makeup sponge to get multiple colors on your stamp and not ruin the stamp pad.  I tried that on the mushroom with the grass below it.  If I had been going for a bolder look I would have also tried outlining the stamp lines in black but I preferred to stay muted with this card.  I did add a little wink of stella on the wings and dots of the mushroom.  Finally I added Glossy Accents to the dots on the shroom and the frog's eyes for just a tiny bit of texture.



Ingredients:
Close to My Heart Toadstool stamp set
Brilliance Graphite Black ink
Stampin Up Wild Wasabi
Wink of Stella Clear and White
Glossy Accents
Stampin Up Watercolor pencils
Distress inks: Weathered Wood and Broken China
Copic Markers E00 & E21
Judikins Eclipse tape


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Good blending on that background Alicia! Very subdued looking, ideal as a sympathy card! Thank you for joining us at HLS CAS challenge! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice card, love that stamp!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters and Creatures Linky Party
    Let's Color Linky Party

    ReplyDelete