Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sweet as Honey: Camp Create Masking Challenge

Print
The fourth challenge for My Favorite Things' Camp Create is masking.  I owned the same Inkadinkado masking paper so I pretty much followed the video.  I used three colors but not distinct ones, all Distress shades of yellows and oranges.


Here's the die cut of the masking paper.  I kept the negative masks, too, a hex mask could come in handy some tine.



Here is the background prior to finishing the card.



I already had these bees made from my free Cricut Design Space trial last year.  Since they were black and yellow, I used black for the sentiment and embossed for pop.  I layered on top of some pretty Bazzill swiss dot paper and the same yellow card stock from which I made the bees.  Finally, I added a ribbon.




Ingredients:
Stampin Up Honeycomb background die
Distress inks:  Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade
American Craft sheer ribbon
Versamark ink
Judikins Black Detail embossing powder
Close to my Heart Sweet as Honey
Cricut bee cut Sentimentals
Inkadinkado masking paper
Quick Quotes Midnight Confessions

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:





Thanks so much for stopping by!

Alicia

5 comments:

  1. Clever use of cutting plate. Great masking technique. Love the contrast of the butterflies. Love your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Things with Wings Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Love the background and colours. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work, love the mask you made. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete