Monday, June 27, 2016

Quick Quotes Altered Letter K

Good morning Quick Quotes readers, Alicia blogging today.  I have an altered chipboard letter I made for my step son.  He graduated this year, I hope he takes this to college with him.


I started by choosing my paper.  Then I traced the K on the back of the paper I choose.  I turned my K upside down so that my template came out correctly.  After cutting my K out of the paper I chalked up all the edges of the chipboard with Navy PowderPuff Chalking Ink.  I suggest doing this after tracing you template since you the chalk may take a minute to dry on the chipboard. 


The fun part was cutting a bunch of gears out of various papers and chalking them up with coordinating inks.  I added the brads to the center and adhered to my paper K. There were some with gear holes too big for the brads. I just added the brad to the paper then taped the gear down around it.  I then used a combination of adhesives for adhering the paper to the chipboard K.  I used mostly tape, some glue dots under the brads and a bit of liquid glue just along the edges to make sure the paper didn't come up. I find using too much liquid glue can leave wrinkles and bumps sometimes when drying.  Here are some close ups of my gears:




I die cut some chipboard with my easel die to make this guy stand up. Finally, one sweep around with my Navy PowderPuff Chalking Ink to give it all a finished look.


Quick Quotes products used:
Earth, Wind, and Fire 102, 111

other products used:
chip board
Tim Holtz/ Sizzix gear and small easel dies
brads

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:



Thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful off the page project, Alicia. I really like your, "screws".

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely keepsake, thanks for playing at agoac

    ReplyDelete