Thursday, June 30, 2016

Peacock embossing folder card


Still working with these 11 embossing folders.  On this card, I cut the embossed part out and layered it with pop dots on top of the card base.  I water colored the peacock but since he is on a lavendar card stock the colors are a bit more muted.  I stamped the sentiment in the blank space....with my new MISTI!  I am so excited.  I picked it up on Friday afternoon but only found occasion to use it a few times over the weekend. 



Side view.


Ingredients:
Darice embossing folder
Distress inks: Peacock feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Lucky Clover
Quick Quotes very berry chalking ink
Recollections bling
Recollections Sapphire pearl embossing powder
Mixed media Patina ink
HOTP sentiment stamp
fiber

Here is my haul from last Friday, I have been broke and haven't been shopping in ages (except for necessities like pop dots and white card stock).  I stopped by Tuesday Morning and only spent $10...nice haul for a 10 spot.



Here is the Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented!!!  I told my son the name and he addresses it like it is my crafty friend MISTI, are you playing with MISTI?  LOL, he can be so funny! I spent $10 more dollars on top of the price of the MISTI and cleaner at my LSS, Stamping Buddies on Galbraith Rd in Cincinnati (if you are from around here). I prepaid for the MISTI on Monday and it was at the store on Friday.  All the MISTI's she ordered were spoken for but with such a great response, she said she will carry them.  I bought a new Lawn Fawn die and some clearance silk glitter paper.


I have a super neat project in the works for a swap with my MISTI, I can't wait to share!

Thanks for stopping by!

Alicia


1 comment:

  1. I totally love this card! And your haul(s!) are awesome... Fellow Tuesday Morning Fan, here... I want a MISTI so bad... But they're SO expensive right now. I know it's a worthwhile investment, but right now? Ugh. I can only wish. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete