Monday, February 16, 2015

Quick Quotes Joy Ride Suitcase Pop Up card


Good morning Quick Quotes readers!  Alicia here today with a neat card inspired by the New Joy Ride papers at the Quick Quotes store!  So many vacation photos were swimming through my head when I saw this new paper!  However, I just purchased this die and thought this was a great way to sample the Joy Ride collection.  I feel the key to a good die cut card is to layer and layer and then layer again!  I made 4 cuts total.  First I cut the base out of  Joy Ride 100 paper, then I cut another full card out of Joy Ride 400 paper.  I didn't need the entire card cut for the other pieces so I used scraps of kraft and black card stock to cut just the suitcase and the handle and then fussy cut.







Finally, I began to add embellishments.  Die cut flowers out of the reverse side of Joy Ride 100 paper and some scraps of the same paper to cover the chip board buckle from Frames Bag o Chips.  I did a little shaping on the flowers, covered the edges of the Joy Ride 400 paper layer with some rough braided twine and added the paper covered buckle.  I cut down the sentiment and layered it on some Joy Ride 200 paper.  It really reminds me of how I am counting down the days until vacation in April!  

Quick Quotes Products Used:

Other products:
Sizzix Pop N Cut suitcase card
Kraft and black card stock
Anna Griffin Ribbon
Hobby Lobby lace 
a brad

Thanks for stopping by today!!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:




7 comments:

  1. such a great card design!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design, lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper and perfect for your card. Thank you for joining in at the Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your link over on the Mod Squad Challenge blog and wanted to pop over and say I love your unique and creative card! What a great pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pop-up card with a suitcase...very original and great job.
    Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge no. 79, Anything Goes. Join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, love the design and papers, very creative.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete