Monday, August 11, 2014

Stampaway Convention Recap and Haul






I know I haven't been posting a lot lately, but it doesn't mean I haven't been busy.  I have been working on design team assignments (which you will see next week), an explosion box swap (also scheduled to share soon), a couple of blog hops, card swaps and a guest designer spot or two for next month!  I am also traveling home to pick up my son from visiting my family in a couple of weeks. The last time I was there I brought home a box full of old family photos which I am assigned to scan in and burn on cd's to share with the entire family.  So I have had several nights filled with the joys of scanning...and now I have so many questions for my grandmother and older relatives! I am responsible for developing these photos into some kind of display for my grandmother's 90th birthday in Janurary of next year.  After returning this round, I am collecting more photos from other relatives to get done prior to the event.  I am also in charge of creating about 100 invitations for the event.  But I love sharing my crafting goodness!  Now on to what I did this past weekend (besides finishing some of the above mentioned projects and card swaps.



  Stampaway convention is almost a week of classes and parties.  On Friday night at there is a theme party.  This year was Crazier Hats...I snapped a couple of pics even though I was busy working of Judikins. I just loved Alice in Wonderland!!  I worked the Friday night party and all day Saturday.  We had one less person working this year, so I was the only one assisting on the floor.  Judi and Beverly were primarily demo~ing and Rob runs the register.  I understand the drill from my twenty plus years running my own business traveling while doing art and craft shows...it can be a rough life.  Here are the goodies I received for my pay:



I try not to acquire too many wood stamps any more but Judi only makes wood and has some fantastic designs!


I also got a couple of new templates, a gold leaf pen, a bottle of embossing ink and a small bottle of Judikins Diamond glaze that I will pass on. (Be watching for some blog candy coming up!)


Judikins embossing powders are absolutely the best!  She has a show deal of buy 5 get the 6th free.  So I have 6 of each size.  Highlights include the colors malachite, rustique weather vane, and cloisonné.



There's also a lemon sparkle, glow in the dark, patina verdigris, and garnet.  I also stocked up on a large size clear detail and black detail.  Northwoods promotes using Judi's black an clear detail mixed for stamping their images before coloring.  So Judikins was selling a lot of that combo.


I did manage an hour late in the afternoon to go shopping.  I acquired many senitments/quote stamps.


The first new company that I fell in love with is Local King Rubber Stamp.  I am a complete sucker for matching stamps and dies!  When I saw the VW bus and kayak, I had to have this set!!!  Actually first I picked out the dragonfly set...she had a deal about by 4 get on free.  I tried to walk the entire show prior to purchasing.  Last year I found the same things I purchased at another booth but cheaper!  Ugh!  So there were tons of "lemons/make lemonade stamps" and I was looking for the right one at the right price.  I knew I saw it as part of a set which was a better deal.  I walked the entire show again but didn't stop back here...until last.  Yes, they had that set I was looking for and she gave me another deal!



I also just loved all the stamps from Too much fun Stamps.  I meant to buy a dog bone to got with my dog quotes but forgot at least I have something similar already, so not too big of a deal.


I have never been much for the Moose.  But I stopped in for their funny bone line.  OMG!  too funny, I had to reduce my stack over and over, every one was so funny!  Their deal was buy 6 get one free.  So you know I got 6 and also a free Moose.


I still spent too much but worked for most of it so I guess I am good.  I can't wait to play with my new stuff.  I hope you enjoyed my share.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Just look at all of those toys, it looks like you had tons of fun.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! What a haul! Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome haul and the hat event looks fun!

    ReplyDelete