Thursday, May 1, 2014

Green Man Cards for Beltane

Today is May Day, or what some Celtic calendars call 'Beltane.' Beltane is a lusty and lively day that is said to attract scores of the fairy folk. Therefore, in order to invite the blessings of the wee ones, it is often encouraged to leave a bit of food and drink somewhere outside or on a window ledge so they can partake and leave you some luck in return. It is also believed that they enjoy a nip or two now and then, so small sips of wine are also believed to garner the best of their blessings. You can save the rest for yourself. This day is getting better already.

I took the above explanation from a daily email I get.  I thought it was a sweet introduction to the holiday.  There is really much more to it including the beautiful May Pole tradition.  But here is my little acknowledgment of the holiday.


I have more center step fold cards for you today!


Ingredients:
WR Happy Camper Constellations & Sleeping bag
Amazing Arts clear stamps
Mix'd Media Mossy ink
Recollections Pesto Pearl embossing powder
burlap ribbon from Hobby Lobby
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
pop dots & ATG

Thanks for stopping by and I promise as soon as I get pictures I will be posting the blog candy that I have for my followers.  May is my blog anniversary month so I plan to have several giveaways this month!  Keep checking!

6 comments:

  1. great card. I don't remember seeing this at Scrapbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not upload it there perhaps I will, thanks for noticing.

      Delete
  2. My husband has carved
    a Green Man door knocker
    that comes from this legend.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your great card.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and legend. Love your papers.
    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Sue K you did a great job! you are the only one to comment on all my post! I have to figure out the other winners before I make the official announcement but if you want to send me your snail mail addy in an email, go ahead! I will get the package out this week! thanks for all your effort!

      Delete