Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cricut Art Noveau Hummingbird Layout




I created the humming bird with Core Couture Rodeo Drive (green) and Ball Gown (blue), they are both beautiful glitter papers.  I also used TPC orange shimmer, Recollections Ivory Shimmer and Creative Memories Black Shimmer.  I cut the hummingbird at 5.5".  I did not use the sliver of black to cover the end of the beak because in my picture of the hummingbird the beak was all orangish.  



I used two fonts of Martha Stewart black glitter letters for the title.



Closer look.  I used TPC Hot Pink Shimmer as the back ground with Recollections ivory shimmer and CM black shimmer mats.  The vine is cut at 3.25".  I learned from a past mistake to cut the shadow first to make sure it would fit on the page.  Sometimes when I cut an image as large as it will go the shadow won't fit.


The two page that will be next to each other.  I don't want to call this a "two page layout".  The pictures are of different events but will be consecutive in the album so they need to compliment one another.  I used the same Cricut cut vine and used a "the" cut from the same cart.  I continued with the pink, black and ivory shimmer and the same MS black glitter letters as the "H" in hummingbird.


The second page


I am pretty thrifty, so I used partial pieces of paper to create this layout. Just be sure that your background is sturdy enough to hold your layout.


Thanks for stopping by today!

I am entering this in the following challenges:


1 comment:

  1. Alicia: I love your sparkly hummingbird layout. Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals" --please come by Simply Create Too Tomorrow to enter our new and fun challenge too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete