Thursday, December 19, 2013

When the Rooster Crows Card

The card I made today is kind of an anything goes card.  I am a little burnt out on Christmas cards and birthday cards (so many birthdays in December).  I used for the first time a Lifestyle crafts embossing folder.  For the banner I used My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody Baby stamp set and Colorbox Cocoa.  For the words I used TPC Roosters set and SU Riding Hood Red.  The rooster was fussy cut from Recollections Rooster Provincial paper.  I inked the embossing to make it stand out and added a strip of mesh, washi tape and AC ribbon. 




 
This was the one different card in this set:


I went with more of a mother hen, kitchen type of look with this one.  Still used the washi tape in the button banner!  The stamp is also from the same My Mind's Eye set.
 



I am entering this in the following challenges:


Thanks for taking a look today!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! My step mom loves roosters!! She'd adore this card too!! The washi with the mesh and embossing rocks!! Thanks for entering!! Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete