Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Paper Loft Sketch Challenge using Shades of Gray



Here is my take on this month's sketch from The Paper Loft.  I used their collection Shades of Gray: papers include Silver Lining, North Star, Snowfield, Tinsmith and Thunder.  The music diecuts are old Creative Memories.  








Close up of my circles and music notes.


Of course, I made this into a two page layout!  The second page is a weekly sketch challenge for a private Facebook group in which I am a member.


I continued with The Paper Loft Shades of Gray and the CM music note diecuts.  This sketch had these beautiful flourishes in the corner...how could I make that...ribbon?  None seem to fit the papers...then I thought about my Cricut!  First I checked out my cartridge Quarter Note, where I found the title.  It didn't have any really good flourishes without other images, so I turned to the Creative Memories Divine Wedding cartridge.  I just finished using that for my wedding invitations, I knew it had flourishes!



I didn't want to use the tinsmith paper on top of tinsmith paper so I layered the smaller circles.  I used the Creative Memories Circle Punch, Round Shape Maker and the CM Custom Cutting System to create all the circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment