Thursday, July 11, 2013

Whimsical Card with Graphic 45



Kraftie Kre8ations challenge is to create a whimsical card using an element that is not typically found on a card.  My element is the dangling copper chain hanging beneath the fancy brad.  I felt the scene on the Graphic 45 paper is light and whimsical but maybe not as "cute" as the challenge is requesting.  So I started with a ivory cardstock base then layered Bazzil swiss dot paper, a sparkle green/gold paper and then the Graphic 45 image.  I made several of these cards and this is one of the only one that I did not color the image.  I stamped my sentiment from Stampin Up with an embossing ink and SU olive embossing powder to make the sentiment pop.  I added bling and a paper flower.  The flower is layered with copper metallic accents.  I made an entire series of cards with different pieces of this Graphic 45 paper.  Be looking for more of these "fairy" creations from me.


Close up.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

http://www.kraftiekre8ations.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-whimsical-card-challenge-due-july-
12th.html

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2013/07/dlart-thankful-thursday-july-linky.html

(anything goes)

No comments:

Post a Comment