Saturday, July 13, 2013

Creative Memories Freedom Card


I really like the Freedom stack pack from Creative Memories.  I was hesitant to purchase it, but it is really versatile.  Pretty Pink Posh's challenge requires you to create your project in 10 minutes and it must include stars.  I took 9 minutes and 56 seconds to create this card.  First of all, I started with TPC brushed cotton navy blue for the card base.  I used two different CM Freedom papers and some white cardstock for the scallop which I punched with a Stampin Up punch.  The stamp is from  SU Say it with Scallops.  I used a CM punch to punch the star border.  I don't know if it is obvious but this card is layered with acetate.  The stamp is Staz On Midnight Blue and is on the acetate.  The pearly white stars (Recollections from Michael's) are also on the top layer of acetate.  Edges chalked and finished with twine to keep the layers together.   You are allowed to gather your supplies first, here is the product I grabbed to start:



I am entering this card in the following challenges:

http://prettypinkposh.com/2013/07/10-minute-craft-dash-21.html
deadline July 13, 2013
CD_21

3 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the stars scattered along the bottom like that!
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Alicia...however the Red White and Blue Challenge at Scrap Our Stash is for layouts only, and you must include all three of the colors. Therefore, your entry is not eligible for the prize drawing. Hope to see you join in some or all of our upcoming challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, great color!

    ReplyDelete